Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome to the JUNGLE!

So, I know the name of this blog is kinda crazy (slightly unappealing and yet intriguing?) but it reflects my life's key ingredients in a nutshell! I have little to no experience in blog development/writing so this blog will morph as I move along, I suppose, and hopefully get a bit more sophisticated! I have had the inkling to start writing a blog for some time now and as I move along in my posts, I hope that it will be worth the effort - for those of you who follow it and for myself!

To address the multifaceted title...we have four amazing canine pals in our home that you will get to know as we move along, thus the "dog hair." The picture by my profile is Sophie, our 3 year old golden retriever.  We have an active home with 4 amazing children. Our ten year old identical twins have a genetic form of severe uncontrolled epilepsy called Dravet Syndrome. They require feeding tubes to provide their extensive medicine regimen and most of the medicines require crushing (yes, I run a modern day apothecary right in my own home - impressive, huh?). We tend to have residual "medicine dust" hanging around!  With our many family activities and my own (selfish - yes, I will admit it) interests - I still maintain a fierce determination that we will all eat a tasty, somewhat healthy meal in the evenings. This meal always seems to be dictated by a varied activity schedule often making early dinner eaters out of us in order to "get dinner to the table on time."  I love to cook and have (proudly?!?!) made many a meal for all sorts of friends who have had babies, surgeries, or any life altering event. However, as my home dog population has increased over the years, the potential for contamination from excessive Golden Retriever hair - in spite of my best cleaning efforts - has forced me to subdue my meal volunteer efforts!  So I look forward to sharing some of my time tested, dietitian-modified-but-still-tasty recipes with you for busy people on the go.

With that slight introduction I will end my first post not really knowing how effective it was so - please provide feedback! Tomorrow- when the twins (Twinkies, as they are oft referred to) are back in school - I look forward to sharing a great banana bread recipe with you - straight from my mother's kitchen and with photos! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! So excited to find you here. Looking forward to reading more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete